Website SEAMAAC, Inc.
JOB TITLE: Social Media Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Communication and Development
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-Time
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
SEAMAAC welcomes applications for the full-time position of Social Media Coordinator. SEAMAAC (a nonprofit organization founded in 1984, as the Southeast Asian Mutual Assistance Associations Coalition, Inc.) has 32 years of experience serving and advocating for Philadelphia’s immigrants and refugees. Our mission is “to support immigrants, refugees, and their families as they seek access to opportunities which would advance the condition of their lives in the United States.”
The Social Media Coordinator will manage SEAMAAC’s social media accounts and public image. The Social media coordinator is responsible creating and maintaining a strong online presence for SEAMAAC. The coordinator is also for implementing online marketing strategies through social media accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in English, Marketing, Social Policy, Communications, Journalism, or related field required.
· Minimum one year social media managing experience preferred.
· Fluency in English is required. Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual in English and another language.
· Research audience preferences and discover current trends
· Create engaging text, image and video content
· Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around SEAMAAC services and events
· Measure web traffic and monitor SEO
· Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
· Train co-workers to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way
· Facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries
· Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics
· Oversee social media accounts’ layout
· Excellent multi-tasking skills
· Attention to detail, and ability to create, collect, and analyze data collection tools
· Excellent public speaking and group facilitation skills
· Excellent computer and data management skills
· Ability to work with diverse staff as well as a strong commitment to supporting the collective efforts of the team in accomplishing program objectives and goals.
· Ability to use DSLR camera with some knowledge of video editing software
· Knowledgeable about the issues facing Asian, African, and Caribbean refugee/immigrant communities and/or urban immigrant/refugee communities in general
· Excellent organizational and planning skills
· Ability to interact positively with a wide range of people at different levels including those on opposite sides of sensitive issues.
· Proven work experience as a Social media coordinator
· Expertise in multiple social media platforms
· Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
· Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
· Able to understand analytics and statistics
· Able to use Canva, Hootsuites, GoogleAnalytics, Feedly, and Adobe Suite
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Hours: Flexible, and primarily during business hours. This position may require some travel, nighttime or weekend assignments.
Salary: $40,000 with Health Insurance Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Time Off, and Holiday Pay.
Benefits: This position offers health insurance, paid vacation, sick and personal leave
SEAMAAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are required to submit a detailed cover letter stating qualifications, interest in SEAMAAC as an employer, and related experience to the position. A resume must be included. Applicants will not be considered without these required materials. The packet of materials can be sent to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com